Advisor Newsletters & Communication
The Gilman Program sends out a Advisor Newsletters via email, which contain information, updates, and related resources. Only those who are registered in our system will receive our newsletters. Click the button below to register an account.
- Advisor Newsletter September 2020
- Advisor Announcement: Updates and Accommodations for Gilman Program
- Advisor Newsletter August 2020
- Advisor Newsletter July 2020
- Gilman March 2020 Deadline Awards Announced
- Gilman Program Update June 2020
- Advisor Newsletter April 2020
- Advisor Update: Important Message on Gilman Program Application Review
- Advisor Announcement: Message to Gilman Advisors – Global Level 4 Health Advisory
- Advisor Announcement: Message to Gilman Advisors
- Advisor Announcement: Program Changes, Still Accepting Gilman-McCain Applications, Advisor Directory
- Advisor Newsletter March 2020
- Advisor Announcement: Message from Washington
- Advisor Newsletter February 2020
- Advisor Newsletter January 2020
- Advisor Announcement: March 2020 Deadline Application Now Open!
- Advisor Newsletter December 2019
- IDEAS Program Grant to Increase and Diversify Study Abroad at Your Institution
- Gilman Cycle 1 2019 Awards Announced
- Gilman-McCain Extended Deadline
- Advisor Certification Deadline Reminder 2019 Cycle 1
- Announcement: Gilman-McCain Scholarship Webinars
- Announcement: Application Open; New Updates to Selection Criteria, Eligibility, & Application; Gilman-McCain Scholarship
- Fall 2019 & AY 2019-2020 Notifications and Recent Gilman Events
- Summer 2019 Award Notifications, Advisor Workshops, Alumni Career Development Workshops
- Reminder: Student Deadline Spring 2019, Fall 2019, & AY 2019-2020
- Announcement: Gilman Campus Advisor Community Facebook Group
Tune in to hear more about the scholarship program from Gilman staff, alumni, and advisors. See the Events page for upcoming events.
This webinar highlights the ways Gilman Campus Advisors support and advise rural students. Featured advisors from Western Kentucky University:
- Katherine Hale (Study Abroad Advisor, Study Abroad & Global Learning)
- Lindsey Houchin (Coordinator, Nationally Competitive Opportunities-Office of Scholar Development)
This webinar highlights the ways Gilman Campus Advisors support and advise Black students. The featured advisors for this webinar are:
- Rokhaya Fall (Coordinator of Study Abroad & International Student Services, Data Analyst – Spelman College)
- Tom Martinek (Associate Director of Study Abroad and Exchange Programs – UNC Greensboro)
- Heidi Bretz (Assistant Director of Study Abroad and Exchange Programs – UNC Greensboro)
This webinar highlights the ways Gilman Campus Advisors support and advise students studying Critical Need Languages. Featured Advisors from San Francisco State University are:
- Dr. Janelle Waldrep (Study Abroad Coordinator)
- Mia Segura (Program Manager, Chinese Flagship Program)
This webinar highlights the ways Gilman Campus Advisors support and advise Community College students. The featured advisor from Kirkwood Community College is:
- Ken Nesbitt (Study Abroad Advisor)
This webinar highlights the ways Gilman Advisors support and advise student veterans who face unique barriers when it comes to studying abroad. The featured advisors from University of South Florida for this webinar are:
- Lauren Bartshe-Hanlen (Assistant Director, Office of National Scholarships)
- Lauren Roberts (Assistant Scholarship Advisor)
This is an overview of the Gilman and Gilman-McCain Scholarships for the October 2020 Deadline application cycle. It is tailored to new advisors and also serves as a refresher for veteran advisors who have supported Gilman applicants and scholars for years.
These workshops provide advisors with key program information campus, promotion, and advising methods to help support applicants in submitting competitive essays. See the Events page for upcoming advisor workshops.
Gilman Alumni Ambassador Program
Gilman Alumni Ambassadors serve as official representatives of the U.S. Department of State’s Gilman International Scholarship Program and are trained to provide testimonials about their Gilman Scholarship experiences at campus presentations and offer application tips via written articles, videos, webinars, and special events. See if there is an alumni ambassador near you!