Advisor Newsletters & Communication
The Gilman Program sends out a Advisor Newsletters via email, which contain information, updates, and related resources. Only those who are registered in our system will receive our newsletters. Click the button below to register an account.
- Advisor Announcement: March 2020 Deadline Application Now Open!
- Gilman Campus Advisor Newsletter Dec 2019
- IDEAS Program Grant to Increase and Diversify Study Abroad at Your Institution
- Gilman Cycle 1 2019 Awards Announced
- Gilman-McCain Extended Deadline
- Advisor Certification Deadline Reminder 2019 Cycle 1
- Announcement: Gilman-McCain Scholarship Webinars
- Announcement: Application Open; New Updates to Selection Criteria, Eligibility, & Application; Gilman-McCain Scholarship
- Fall 2019 & AY 2019-2020 Notifications and Recent Gilman Events
- Summer 2019 Award Notifications, Advisor Workshops, Alumni Career Development Workshops
- Reminder: Student Deadline Spring 2019, Fall 2019, & AY 2019-2020
- Announcement: Gilman Campus Advisor Community Facebook Group
- Winter 2019
- Fall 2018
- Fall 2017
- Spring 2017
Gilman Advisor Spotlight series: Community colleges
This webinar highlights the ways Gilman Campus Advisors support and advise community college students who face unique barriers when it comes to studying abroad. The featured advisors for this webinar are Alison Garfinkle (Education Abroad Specialist) and Allyson Lindsley (Education Abroad Advisor) from Portland Community College.
Gilman Advisor Interactive webinar
Click the image to view the recording of one of our interactive webinars for advisors leading up to the March 2020 Deadline application opening.
Gilman-mccain scholarship webinar
Click the image to view the recording of the Gilman-McCain Scholarship webinar includes information on eligibility requirements, application deadlines, the selection process, and documentation.
program updates webinar
These workshops provide advisors with key program information campus, promotion, and advising methods to help support applicants in submitting competitive essays. See the Events page for upcoming advisor workshops.
Gilman Alumni Ambassador Program
Gilman Alumni Ambassadors serve as official representatives of the U.S. Department of State’s Gilman International Scholarship Program and are trained to provide testimonials about their Gilman Scholarship experiences at campus presentations and offer application tips via written articles, videos, webinars, and special events. See if there is an alumni ambassador near you!