- View Certifying Advisor Deadlines – Late applications will not be considered.
- Log into Gilman Advisors Portal. Click the Applications tab at the top, or the card indicating Applicants Need Certification on the righthand side of your dashboard.
- Select the appropriate application term from drop-down menu. Students with an orange star are ready for advisor certification.
- Click the Certify Now under your name to start your certification.
- Review application details or financial aid details, and answer the certification questions.
- Check the box, certifying the information provided is true and accurate, then select Submit.
To view certified applications, return to the Applicants tab. Fully certified students have a green circle next to their application. You can hover over the icon to review the certification status.
You may also check the PDF for how to certify applications in 5 easy steps.
What are advisors asked to certify?
The financial aid advisor confirms:
- Student currently receives a Federal Pell Grant during the term that they are applying for the Gilman Scholarship OR the term that they will be abroad.
- Estimated amount of financial aid in grants and scholarships that the student may apply to their study abroad program.
The study abroad advisor confirms:
Process for Certifying Applications
Before submitting their application, applicants are advised to contact both financial aid and study abroad offices at their institution to confirm they are selecting the correct certifying advisors.
The selected study abroad and financial aid certifying advisors automatically receive an email once a student submits their application. Check your inbox filter for any emails from the Gilman system.
We encourage all certifying advisors to submit certifications as soon as possible before the advisor deadline. This ensures quick processing of your student’s application and allows time for any questions or issues to be addressed.