- View Certifying Advisor Deadlines – Late applications will not be considered.
Log into Gilman Advisors Portal. Click the Applications tab at the top.
- Select Awaiting Certification below the tabs. Then select appropriate term from drop-down menu.
- Click the brown notepad icon next to each applicant to review information.
- Select the blue-ribbon icon next to the student’s name when you are ready to answer the certification questions based on what you reviewed in step 3.
- Check the box, certifying the information provided is true and accurate, then select Submit.
To view certified applications, return to the Applications tab at top and select Certified.
What are advisors asked to certify?
The financial aid advisor confirms:
- Student currently receives a Federal Pell Grant during the term that they are applying for the Gilman Scholarship OR the term that they will be abroad.
- Estimated amount of financial aid in grants and scholarships that the student may apply to their study abroad program.
The study abroad advisor confirms:
- Study abroad program information provided by the student is correct.
- Study abroad program to which the student is applying is eligible for undergraduate academic credit at the student’s home institution. View eligibility.
Process for Certifying Applications
Before submitting their application, applicants are advised to contact both financial aid and study abroad offices at their institution to confirm they are selecting the correct certifying advisors.
The selected study abroad and financial aid certifying advisors automatically receive an email once a student submits their application. Check your inbox filter for any emails from the Gilman system.
We encourage all certifying advisors to submit certifications as soon as possible before the advisor deadline. This ensures quick processing of your student’s application and allows time for any questions or issues to be addressed.