Virtual Gilman and CLS Advisor Workshop: September 18th
The Gilman Program is excited to announce a virtual Gilman and CLS Advisor Workshop. The workshop will be held virtually via Zoom on Friday, September 18th, 2020 and will be hosted by the University of Oregon.
This virtual workshop will bring together approximately 60 Gilman and CLS advisors to share best practices for promoting the Gilman and CLS Programs to potential applicants, supporting applicants during the application process, engaging with alumni upon program completion, and leveraging alumni for recruitment and promotion. The workshop will also provide advisors with in-depth resources for and updates to the Gilman and CLS Programs and build and strengthen the Gilman and CLS advisor networks for future sharing of resources and best practices.
The virtual workshop will begin via Zoom at 8:00 a.m. (Pacific Time) and will conclude by 2:15 p.m. (Pacific Time). There is no fee to attend the virtual workshop. Space is limited and will be filled on a rolling basis.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously attended an advisor workshop and applicants who work at institutions in the same or neighboring region as the workshop host.
- In the case of a large number of applications, workshop attendance may be limited to two representatives per institution.
Workshop content will include the following:
- Gilman and CLS Program Overviews
- Gilman and CLS Application Review and Selection Criteria
- Promotion and Recruitment for the Gilman and CLS Programs
- Supporting Students through the Application Process
- Engaging and leveraging Gilman and CLS Alumni
- Writing a Competitive Essay
The application to attend the Virtual Gilman and CLS Advisor Workshop hosted by the University of Oregon is now closed as we received a record number of applications and reached maximum capacity for this event. However, if you would like to receive the workshop materials, including pre-recorded video sessions and template advising documents, please email email@example.com.
The Gilman Program and CLS Program will also be hosting a series of webinars in September on Advisors Roles and Opportunities, Strategies for Increasing Awareness of Study Abroad Opportunities, and Supporting Students through the Application Process. We will share more information on how to register for these free, open trainings soon. For more information on other virtual events for advisors hosted by the Gilman Program and the CLS Program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com for details.
Recorded Applicant Webinars
- Access Study Abroad with the Gilman Scholarship – January 18, 2018
- Applying for the Gilman Critical Need Language Award – February 8, 2018
- Meet Gilman Alumni – February 26, 2018
Recorded Advisor Webinars
- Gilman and Gilman-McCain Webinar – November 20, 2019
- Boosting Application Completion Rates – January 25, 2018
- Leveraging the Gilman Scholarship to Build Community College Study Abroad – January 29, 2018
- Working with Financial Aid Offices to Promote Gilman – January 31, 2018
- Keys to Successful Applications – February 13, 2018
- Program Updates – Selection Criteria, Eligibility, Application, and Gilman-McCain Scholarship – August 23, 2019