Below are the commitments that you are required to complete as a recipient of the Gilman International Scholarship and that you agreed to in the Gilman Terms and Conditions contract. Please note that many events and opportunities are exclusive to Gilman Scholars who have completed all requirements to become an alumnus/a of the program.
Gilman Recipient Evaluation and Contact Information
Within one month of your return from abroad all Gilman Scholars are required to submit a scholarship alumni evaluation and update your contact information. The evaluation is a brief survey of your experience abroad as a Gilman Scholarship recipient. You can find your alumni evaluation within your alumni portal.
Follow-on Service Project & Report
In order to become an alumnus/a of the Gilman Scholarship, all Gilman Scholars are required to carry out the Follow-on Service Project proposed in the scholarship application within six months of returning to the U.S. and submit a Follow-on Service Project report via the alumni portal. Review the links below for resources to help you implement your Follow-on Service Project, information on submitting your report and answers to frequently asked questions.
Follow-on Service Project Resources:
- Frequently Asked Questions For additional information on Follow-on Service Project implementation and reporting
- Gilman Program Overview A quick reference guide to the Gilman Scholarship
- Tips for Creating your Elevator Speech Tips for succinctly talking about your experience abroad
- Gilman Flyer – English
- Gilman Flyer – Spanish
- Fast Facts 2015-2016
- Gilman Poster
- Gilman Program Presentation Template 2017 Use and tailor to your experience and audience
- Logo Usage Guidelines Requirements to use the Gilman Program’s logo in outreach
- Follow-on Service Project Guidelines Information on writing and submitting your Follow-on Service Project Report
- Follow-on Service Project Overview Video Information on Follow-on Service Project from the proposal to submission of your report
Submitting Photos from Abroad
Gilman alumni and scholars are encouraged to submit photos highlighting their experience abroad to the Gilman Program via Media Port using the guidelines below. Please note that the Gilman Program uses photos of Gilman scholars to highlight on our website and in promotional materials such as brochures, posters and advertisements.
If you have any further questions about the Gilman Recipient Evaluation, Follow-on Service Project & Report or Submitting Photos, please contact the Gilman Scholarship Program.