Creating an Advisor Account
Each institution must have at least one financial aid certifying advisor and one study abroad certifying advisor registered in the Gilman Advisor Portal in order to certify student applications.
How to Register:
- Visit the Gilman Advisor Portal. Click Register in the purple box.
- Create your username and password using your institution’s email address. Do not use your personal email.
- Select your institution’s state from the drop-down list provided, then select your institution. If it is not listed, contact us.
- Select advisor type.
- Click Create Account Now at bottom.
- Your account must be verified by an already-verified advisor at your institution or by Gilman Program staff before your activation in our system. You will receive a confirmation email once your account has been activated.
- You will automatically be added to our email list for updates. Ensure email@example.com is allowed by your inbox filter.
How to Verify:
There are 2 ways for your account to be verified before you can view and certify student applications.
- An already-verified advisor from your institution can log into the Gilman Advisor Portal and verify your account (pictured below).
- Gilman staff can verify new accounts created within 2 business days upon review.
Each institution must have at least one financial aid certifying advisor and one study abroad certifying advisor in order to certify student applications.