How to Register:
- Visit the Gilman Advisor Portal. Click Register in the purple box.
- Create username and password using your institution’s email address. Do not use personal email.
- Select your institution’s state from the drop-down list provided, then select your institution. If it is not listed, contact us.
- Select advisor type.
- Click Create Account Now at bottom.
- Your account must be verified by an already-verified advisor at your institution or by Gilman Program staff before your activation in our system. You will receive a confirmation email once your account has been activated.
- You will automatically be added to our email list for updates. Ensure email@example.com is allowed by your inbox filter.
How to Verify:
There are 2 ways for your account to be verified before you can view and certify student applications.
- An already-verified advisor from your institution can log into the Gilman Advisor Portal and verify your account (pictured below).
- Gilman staff can verify new accounts created within 2 business days upon review.
Each institution must have at least one financial aid certifying advisor and one study abroad certifying advisor in order to certify student applications.