U.S. Foreign Policy in Europe
Register here. Inside U.S. Foreign Policy in Europe will explore how the State Department develops and implements U.S. foreign policy in Europe and Eurasia and promotes U.S. interests in
Inside U.S. Foreign Policy in Europe will explore how the State Department develops and implements U.S. foreign policy in Europe and Eurasia and promotes U.S. interests in the region on issues such as international security, NATO, coordination with the European Union and other regional organizations, support for democracy, human rights, civil society, economic prosperity, counterterrorism, and nonproliferation.
Learn directly from diplomats working in public diplomacy, political affairs, science and technology, and other areas about their work and careers.
Sessions will include:
- 11:00am EST – Welcome and Policy Overview
- 11:15am EST – U.S. Foreign Policy in Europe: Three representatives from the State Department’s Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs with a range of portfolios will discuss how the Department plans and implements foreign policy in the region as a whole.
- 12:10pm EST – U.S. Foreign Policy in the U.K.: Foreign Service Officers from the U.S. Embassy in London will discuss U.S. foreign policy goals in the U.K. and how they advance both country-specific and regional priorities on the ground.
- 1:05pm EST – From Study Abroad to the State Department: Gilman alumni working in foreign affairs in Europe will offer insights into their careers and how they leveraged their global experiences to advance to their current positions.
- 1:30pm EST – Career Conversations: Participants will have the opportunity to move into breakout rooms and hear more closely from speakers about their diverse work and career paths.
- 2:00pm EST – State Department Careers Information Session: Representatives from the State Department’s Bureau of Global Talent Management will share information on the many pathways to careers at the State Department.
(Thursday) 11:00 am - 2:30 pm ET