SCHOLARSHIP PAYMENT INFORMATION
Funds will be sent directly to Gilman recipient‘s email address via IIePay electronic deposit, 1-2 weeks from approval of award documentation.
Complete a one-time registration via Zelle, the payment service facilitating IIePay payments. The email address on file with IIE must match the information provided when registering for Zelle.
- The Gilman Scholarship award can only be distributed to the recipient’s U.S. checking account.
- The Gilman Scholarship Program cannot distribute funds to another individual or institution. Joint accounts are acceptable, as long as the recipient is one of the people on the account.
- The Gilman Scholarship will be distributed via IIePay (Zelle) through the recipient email address confirmed in the Gilman award documentation process.
- Your funds will only be transferred to you upon after all required documentation has been submitted and approved by Gilman staff.
- Within 1-2 weeks of final documentation approval, you will receive an email from Bank of America (firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating that your payment transfer is ready to be accepted.
- You must register with Zelle through your bank within 14-days of your transfer notification. After 14-days, your transfer will expire and you will need to request a reissuance of payment with your Gilman regional advisor.
- Bank is not a partner of Zelle/My Bank does not work with Zelle:
- If you use a small, regional bank or credit union, please make sure that they work with Zelle. If they do not, please try to use the “My Bank isn’t Listed” option on the clearXchange website. It will ask you to create a profile with Zelle, you will need your bank account and routing information and debit card information for some banks.
- Click here for Additional Instructions.
- If the “My Bank isn’t Listed” option does not work for you, please email your Gilman advisor.
2. Already Have a Zelle Account With My Bank:
- If you have an existing Zelle account with the email on record connected to another bank account that you do not want your Gilman funds to go to, you will need to add secondary email to your bank account profile, register for a new Zelle account through your bank using the new secondary email. An email can only be associated with Zelle for one bank account.
- If the above is not possible without a security hold placed on your bank account, please contact your Gilman advisor and we will update the email used for the transfer.